Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nothing ever changes Him...

God exhorted me to continue striving to do good (His grace always at constant work, to be sure, and the presence of the Holy Spirit the only power.) But how I wish it would not have to be a "striving." And He took me to Romans 8: "There is therefore now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus." I must live by the Spirit. Yield my soul, life, and all to Him. Live by faith in the Son of God who gave Himself up for me... and be thankful.

I am thankful for...
...a family that takes care of me, gives me a roof over my head, food in my belly, and many other amenities and blessings.
...the softest kitty in the whole world who will sleep with me and let me force-cuddle her.
...a piano.
...prayer and love support from my church family.
...my own room and precious quilts that I love.
...good books.
...clean, warm water to take showers and baths.
...a car for some "freedom".
...a plethora of other undeserved blessings - Lord, you are so kind!

But even if this list was void, wouldn't He Himself be enough? Enough peace and hope...to continue living by faith... and, out of gratitude, seeking to obey through His power.

"Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. And he said, 'Naked I come from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed, be the name of the Lord.' In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong." Job 1:20-22

May it be said of me.

Nothing ever changes Him... nothing.

1 comment:

  1. force-cuddle? HAHAHAHA! :D you can force-cuddle me all you want!

    ReplyDelete