Friday, October 9, 2009

"Yeah, you were the __________."

I went to a friend's birthday party last night. I only really knew her and her boyfriend so while we waited for them (it was a surprise) one of the other girls and I were trying to figure out how we knew each other. Eventually we realized and she said, "Yeah, you were the _________." Fill in the blank with whatever you will, I'll just say that it wasn't "girl who radiates Jesus" or "girl who loves people so much because all Christ has done for her." It wasn't scandalous or rude or belittling (really), in fact, it was a "Christian" term. And I think she was just saying it as fact (which it actually is, sorta, true, maybe.) It wasn't wrong or bad.

It just wasn't and isn't what I want to be known for.

How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things?
- Nichole Nordeman

I pray that I might be characterized by love. (I have a long way to go.)

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

I pray that I might be used to spread His fame and His glory.


"...And from them I will send survivors to the nations... that have not heard my fame or seen my glory. And they shall declare my glory among the nations." Isaiah 66:19

No comments:

Post a Comment